Monday, October 09, 2006

I need to knit lots of socks this winter

I started on a pair of socks. It has become easier to knit socks these days. I need to find a good source online of sock yarn with reasonable prices. I want to purchase good wool that is warm and not itchy. I checked out knitpicks and it has nice prices. What I really wanted to try is dyeing my own yarn. I do have space to do it. I can make my own colors. I have seen knitters dye there own yarn is such beautiful shades, I want to do the same. Here is a little pic of the sock I am knitting for my daughter. The socks here in Egypt are expensive and are very thin. I am thinking of purchasing a yard of leather or suede and make my own slipper bottoms to extend the life of the sock. Maybe I will check into that in Nasr City, Egypt. They should have a shop that sells leather and suede. I heard they have a big yarn shop there. I have to check it to beleive it. I am going to take some pics of Nasr city. Boy, it is so crowded there. And you have to cross the street like a chicken, quick and fast. Have to be careful not to get hit by a car. I don't think I would take the kids with me, that way I won't have to worry about them. Darn it, Blogger is not letting me post my pic. I will try again tomorrow.

No comments: